Live At Kir-Club, Hamburg
The Sisters Of Mercy would occasionally perform this song during their gigs, though not at every
concert. Relatively soon after the official release, however, and even in the same year, they stopped
playing it at all, and Temple Of Love was not heard live for a long time.
The song would become a regular part of their setlist again only with Tour Thing I in the year 1990.
To include a live version of a then unreleased song into a bootleg is an enormous enhancement
for the according product as examples like The Lights Shine Clear Through The Sodium Haze,
All these bootlegs were much sought-after straight from the day of their release.
While Side B of this LP comes with an extremly short tracklist of only two songs and an almost
disappointing running time, the A-side - in conclusion - offers a very interesting combination of
songs, particularly due to the presence of the aforementioned Temple Of Love track.
- Label: GPI Inc
- Catalogue#: SO-310883
- Format: 12" vinyl LP
- A-Side: SO - 310883-A
- B-Side: SO - 310883-B
- Released: 1991
- The article of the band's name is omitted on the cover and the spine of all issues.
- The speed-level of this recording is a slight bit too high, which shows clearly when
- comparing for example the Temple Of Love track here to the versions of other bootlegs
- with a recording from the same concert, like Green Eldritch or The Lights Shine Clear.
- Beyond the band name, the place of recording and the track list, the back cover notes:
- "Frontcover: "The Phoenix", an etching by Rembrandt, 1658" and
- "Promotion Copy - Not for Sale. All rights reserved. GPI Inc. 1991"
- This bootlegs exists in basically four versions, all pressed on black vinyl.
- The first version comes with Merciful Release labels on both sides of the record,
- but has a wrong tracklist for the B-side printed on the cover back. Interestingly,
- that track list continues in exactly the order of songs as performed at the gig,
- missing, however, the final two tracks "Lights" and "Sister Ray", which are now
- present on the actual release. One can only imagine that, initially, the bootleggers
- had planned for this collection of songs, but changed their mind later, while the
- covers had already been printed and some copies leaked with that "old" cover.
- The second version also has Merciful Release logos on both labels
- giving the side markers "A" and "B", respectively
- The track list of Side B on the cover back now has a black sticker with white print glued to it
- naming the actual contents of the record "Lights" and "Sister Ray".
- The third version comes with a Dead Kennedys logo on the label of Side A.
- The label on Side B the has the regular "B"-side Merciful Release logo.
- And there is a further, say "fourth" version with likewise Dead Kennedys logo the A-side
- and a Merciful Release logo on Side B, .which marked with "C", however, instead of "B".
- Allegedly, this bootleg is also available on blue vinyl
- but so far not even a picture of this has ever surfaced.
- Recorded live at Kir-Club, Hamburg, Germany on 31st August 1983.
- The recording is incomplete.
|A1 Burn||B1 Lights|
|A2 Valentine||B2 Sister Ray|
|A3 Temple Of Love|
|A6 Body Electric|
- Please click into files for larger views -