A bootleg from one of the very last shows of The Sisters of Mercy in their First And Last And Always line-up, when Gary Marx had already left the band. In fact, it was the first gig of the American leg of the Armageddon Tour in 1985. After these shows, The Sisters of Mercy returned to England, played the Royal Albert Hall, split up a few months later and things developed into those directions we should all be used to by now.
The bootleg was originally released in 1990 on vinyl and CD by the famous The Swingin' Pig Records bootleg label. A year later, a Polish cassette bootleg of similar content surfaced in online auctions. Also the CD-version got bootlegged in 1993. The second CD imitates everything apart from the title "Floorshow", which is replaced by the time and place of the gig.
|Vinyl + CD||Italian CD||Polish Cassettes|
|Label: The Swingin' Pig Records||Label: Live Label||Label: MG|
|Catalogue#: TSP 077, TSP-CD 077||Catalogue#: SOM LL 001-0622||Catalogue#: MG 1295|
|Format: 12" vinyl LP, CD||Format: CD||Format: Cassette|
|Released: 1990 (Luxembourg)||Released: 1993 (Italy)||Released: 1991 / reissues in 1992 (Poland)|
- Recorded live on 30th of May 1985 at Fenders Ballroom, Long Beach, CA, USA (incomplete)
- All the tracks here are also available on the Silence Is Platinum 2 x 7" vinyl bootleg.
- Soundboard recording, excellent sound quality, though the pitch is a little too low.
- Check the sound files on the bottom of the "Silence Is Platinum" page.
- The concert is incomplete.
- For some weird reason most of the tracks don't appear in the order they were played in.
- Alice for instance was originally performed between Floorshow and Gimme Shelter.
- This is corrected on the cassette version, but the overall order is still wrong;
- the tracks on side A were the last four songs of the gig.
- Total Duration: 31:44 min.
- There are minor differences in track times on the cassette.
- The vinyl version has tracks 1 - 4 on side A and tracks 5 - 7 on side B.
- The same counts for the cassette.
LP Cover Notes
- As usual the song credits are mixed up and
- Floorshow is credited to some guy called "Jennings".
- Some copies come with a 12" Swingin' Pig Records catalogue inlay. See the pictures below.
- NoNoise is a trademark of SONIC SOLUTIONS USA.
- This critically acclaimed computer based digital system dramatically reduces
- hiss, clicks and other unwanted noises from older recordings.
- Carefully remastered by B.accoustics W.Germany
- Photography © FOTEX
- Vinyls are known to exist in the following colour versions:
- black, clear yellow, grey marbled, dark grey marbled, greenish grey (olive) marbled,
- green marbled, dark green (turquoise or bluegreen) marbled, dark brown and brown marbled,
- transparent Siena brown and golden brown marbled, blue and aqua blue marbled as well as
- various varieties and shades of all the above. Some time ago, all existing vinyl colours were
- shown here @The Swingin' Pig Net. Sadly though, that page is no longer as comprehensive
- as it once was.
- Some white-label test pressings are also known to exist, of which two different
- versions on black vinyl have surfaced so far, see the pictures down below (scroll).
- One of the test pressings comes in a generic Swingin' Pig Records paper sleeve.
- There is no print on the labels of this one at all.
- The second one is a Trade Mark Of Quality test pressing.
- Here, the vinyl comes in a Trade Mark of Quality "Long Play" paper sleeve.
- The labels have a light grey rim on the outer side and around the centre hole.
- "PROPPE 1990" is printed on them in bold upper-case letters of the same grey colour.
- While the "PROPPE 1990" mark is printed once on the A-side label, is appears twice on
- the label of Side B, one mark close below the other, thus signifying the side of the record (1/2).
- The runouts are TSP 077 A NoNoise (Side A) and TSP 077 B NoNoise (Side B).
- Both test pressings have no further cover, whatsoever.
Polish cassettes are steadily available in online auction, though possibly reissued with
|1 A Rock And A Hard Place||3:41|
|3 Gimme Shelter||6:10||track# 4 and duration 6:09 on cassette|
|4 Alice||3:48||track# 3 on cassette|
|5 Body And Soul||3:55|
|7 No Time To Cry||4:23||duration 4:24 on cassette|
- Please click into the files for larger views -
Various Vinyl Colours
White-Label Test Pressings
Accompanying Catalogue Booklet