This is a fully incomplete list of recording and demo sessions with The Sisters of Mercy and not all of them have a page in this wiki as yet.
We recommend, you also check the external links given under each entry for more information and some very interesting and enlightening reads,
you should definitely not miss the Heavy Leather Blog in-detail research review All I Know For Sure: The Making of First And Last And Always!!!.
|This page is Work in Progress and going to be extended as time allows|
- Basement Demos, 1981
- Untitled demo (Body Electric with different lyrics)
- Demo Session, late 1981
- Good Things (1st Demo)
- February 1982, Kenny Giles Studio, Bridlington, Feb'82 (Body Electric)
- one week of pre-production recorded by Von and John Ashton at Von's flat in Leeds before Alice Demos
- Kenny Giles - two weekends with John Ashton ... Alice/Alice EP
- John Peel, BBC Radio Station, London, England
- September 1982 also known as Strawberry Sessions 1982
- Kid Jensen Show, BBC Radio, London, England
- Demo sessions (Parkside Studios)
- FALAA recording sessions - June and July 1984
- John Peel Sessions, BBC Radio, London, England
- Genetic Studios (August to September 1984)
- Livingston Studios (23 November – 9 December 1984)
- see heavyleatherblog.wordpress.com - All I Know For Sure: The Making of First And Last And Always
- which gives a detailled insight and overview of the entire production process of the album and the accompanying singles
- January/February 1985
- July 1986 - Fairview Recording Studio, Willerby, Hull, England "Sisterhood Demos"
- often referred to as Portastudio Floodland Demos (1986).
- New York, 1987
- England, 1987