Jesus Loves The Sisters (LP)
From SistersWiki.org - The Sisters Of Mercy Fan Wiki
Jesus Loves the Sisters is a relatively recent live bootleg-LP featuring
The Sisters of Mercy's performance at ULU, London on 6th May 1983.
- Label: - none mentioned -
- Catalogue: #JLTS-001
- Format: 12" LP
- Time of release: 2016
- Place of release: UK
- Recorded live at ULU, London, UK on May 6th, 1983.
- The recording used here could be an audience recording, although a mixing-desk recording of excellent sound quality does exist as well. It has not been established beyond doubt which of the two recordings actually is on this record. Anyway, the last song of the concert, Emma, is omitted from both these recordings and on the present album as well.
- Note that a bootleg cassette with the same title exists. It features, however, a different concert and one
- from the 1983 Trans-Europe Excess Tour, recorded at Odeon, Münster, Germany on 1st September 1983.
- Nonetheless, it is most likely that cassette, which the bootleg name derives from,
- see Jesus Loves The Sisters (cassette).
- Reasonably good sound quality
- Limited edition of 500 copies in total (100 red vinyl, 100 clear vinyl, 100 purple, 100 white, 100 yellow)
- and noted as such on the cover back. Beyond that and apart from the band name and the track list,
- the backcover notes: JLTS-001 ALL RIGHTS OF THE MANUFACTURER AND OF THE OWNER RESERVED
- All the coloured vinyls, except the white ones, are more or less transparent.
- The cover front shows an old official press photograph of the band modified with some graphic filters,
- that was originally used on the title page of SOUNDS, Issue from 18 December 1982, headlined with
- "Cruel To Be Kind - Console Yourself With The Sisters Of Mercy".
- On the spine, the band name is noted wrongly as "SISTERS OFMERCY" in bold red capitals
- followed by the record title "JESUS LOVES THE SISTERS" in a medium green small capitals font.
- 2, Alice
- 3, Anaconda
- 4, Burn
- 5, Jolene
- 6, Heartland
- 1, Valentine
- 2, Adrenochrome
- 3, Floorshow
- Please click into files for larger views -