In Concert At The Royal Albert Hall (7")
This 7" bootleg single is the second issue and follow-up pressing of A Merciless Release
and was produced and released at the same time, by the same label and features the same tracks.
Due to the print on the back cover, In Concert At The Royal Albert Hall is widely known
as Knocking On Heaven's Door - Emma.
This is - of course - also the case for A Merciless Release.
- Label: Scatterbrainchild Records
- Catalogue#: SR-002
- Format: 7" vinyl single
- Released: Jan 1987 (US)
- Hand-numbered limited edition of 200 copies.
- B/w wrap-around paper cover in poor xerox-like printing quality showing a picture of the band (1983 line-up)
- looking at a leather jacket that is hanging from a wardrobe and has their bandname and logo on the back.
- The cover enfolds the single on the back side only halfway up, so the bootleg is delivered in a plastic jacket.
- The printing/xerox quality of the sleeve is, however, so poor that in storage the ink tends to stick to the protective
- outer sleeve or other surfaces that are in contact with the cover.
- Back Cover Notes:
- Archibald Constable & Co Ltd 6d.
- 2 WHITEHALL GARDENS
- Track A is wrongly noted as KNOCKING ON HEAVEN'S DOOR on the cover back and
- even as KNOCKING ON HEAVENS DOOR on the a-side label of the vinyl missing the apostrophes.
- The records are pressed either on clear yellow vinyl coming with golden-coloured labels or on translucent blue vinyl
- with yellow labels. Black vinyls with golden-coloured labels are also said to exist, but might well be Merciless Release pressings, initially. No picture has been seen of a Live-At-The-Royal-Albert-Hall black vinyl so far.
- The labels of both issues (yellow and blue) and on both sides give the label name "Scatterbrainchild Records",
- the bandname SISTERS OF MERCY (without the definite article), track title, track duration (partly wrong), and
- the running speed as 33 ⅓ RPM, which is unusual for a 7" single.
- Each side of the vinyl was given a subtitle on the label: Side A - YANKS RULE, Side B - LIMEY'S DROOL
- Further label notes: Side A - JAN. 1987 / ALL RIGHTS DISTURBED, Side B - A MERCILESS RELEASE
- On both sides, the track times are noted as well. The golden-coloured labels of the clear yellow vinyls give the
- track times wrongly as 3:53 and 4:45, resp., while most of the yellow labels of the clear blue vinyls name the
- track times correctly as 6:25 (side a) and 6:17 (side b)
- Matrix / Runouts:
- The runouts of the two versions, clear yellow and clear blue vinyl, do also seem to differ. Various sources mention
- - IT'S JUST LIKE SISTERS RAY SAID SCATTER BRAIN CHILD - 002A (Side A)
- - l-26433-x ITS JUST LIKE SISTER RAY SAID SCATTERBRAIN CHILD-002-B (Side B)
- for the yellow vinyls, or even only the runout on side b. While runouts on the clear blue vinyls are said to be:
- Side A : COULDN'T HIT IT SIDEWAYS SCATTERBRAINCHILD - 002 - A L 26433
- Side B: IT'S JUST LIKE SISTER RAY SAID SCATTERBRAINCHILD - 002 - B L 26433 x
- Recorded live on 18th of June 1985 at the Royal Albert Hall, London, England, UK
- This recording was issued before as a limited edition of 500 copies on the 7" vinyl bootleg A Merciless Release by the same label and with the same catalogue#, but in a different, somewhat more elaborated sleeve. That bootleg was mainly pressed on clear yellow and clear orange vinyl with golden-coloured labels that have the same print as given here. Very dark purple or black pressings have also been seen. Over time, through swaps between traders and collectors, some of the vinyls made it into the cover of the respective other edition, which explains why black vinyls have occasionally been seen with In Concert At The Royal Albert Hall covers and blue ones with A Merciless Release covers.
For recent price developments see sistersbootlegs/Live At The Royal Albert Hall.
|A - YANKS RULE||Knockin' On Heaven's Door||6:25||track time on golden labels noted as 3:53|
|B - LIMEY'S DROOL||Emma||6:17||track time on golden labels noted as 4:45|
- Please click into the files for larger views -