Heaven Can Wait
Heaven Can Wait features an incomplete bootleg recording from
The Sisters of Mercy's concert at King George's Hall, Blackburn in 1985.
On a few other occasions, Stairway To Heaven was played as an instrumental introduction
After this gig, since Andrew Eldritch had forgotten (or just didn't know) the words,
The Sisters of Mercy never performed this song live again.
The concert ended, however, in one of The Sisters' famous medleys.
- Label: Trade Mark Of Quality
- Catalogue Number: TMQ 71106
- Format: 12" vinyl LP
- Released: 1988 (Luxembourg) / 1992
- Released in two limited editions.
- The first edition (1988) comes in a dark brown cover with a b/w xerox glued
to the cover front and is limited to 100 copies.
- The second edition has a mint green/blue (turquoise) cover and was issued in 1992.
This one is limited to 500 copies. Some copies come with a track list on a separate insert.
- The colour of the cover of the second edition is hard to tell. In some pictures it looks greenish,
in others more blueish. Perhaps different colour-tone versions exist ...
- One person obviously did find this cover version not all that entertaining and revamped it
- on the front with a picture of Andrew Eldritch snipped from the cover art of the official
- First And Last And Always album, while on on the back he/she glued paper strip onto the
- standard Trade Mark Of Quality cover art giving - for once! - the track list in typewriter letters,
- see the pictures down below.
- Recorded live on 21 March 1985, King George's Hall, Blackburn
- The recording on the present bootleg is incomplete.
- The full gig can be found on the bootlegs CDs Stairway To Heaven and Burn Black
- and also on the relatively new 2LP-bootleg release King Georges Hall.
- An audience tape does exist as well, see 1985 03 21 King Georges Hall Tape
|Side 1||Side 2|
|1. Train||1. Body Electric|
|2. Emma||2. Gimme Shelter|
|3. A Rock And A Hard Place||3. Some Kind Of Stranger|
|4. Floorshow||4. Stairway To Heaven|
|5. Alice||5. Sister Ray|
|Sister Ray Medley (course)||Credits|
|00:00 - Drums start||Vocals – Andrew Eldritch|
|00:12 - Guitars start||Bass – Craig Adams|
|00:34 - "Sister Ray!"||Guitar – Wayne Hussey|
|01:07 - Vocals start|
|06:52 - Vocals stop|
|07:08 - Drums stop|
|07:24 - Guitar feedback fades out|
- Please click into views for larger size -