ECHOES VOL 2 (12")
ECHOES is a series of four vinyl bootlegs with live and demo material. The first one was put out as a 7” single, while the following three - including the present one - were released in 12” format.
All these releases maintain the same front coverart, but in different colours. Insofar see also Echoes Vol 1, Echoes Vol 3, Echoes Vol 4. For further information on the front cover art see especially Echoes Vol 1.
A series of ECHOES-CDs does exist as well.
DIR Broadcasting - King Bisquit
Speed Of Light Records
TEMPLE 67 (Speed Of Light Records)
- Format: 12 " vinyl LP
- Released: 1990
- This bootleg exists in three editions and two re-issues.
- The first edition is a so-marked radio broadcast promo
by DIR Broadcasting on their very own King Biscuit Label.
The labels are yellow (orange) and say: "for radio play only (Not for sale)" and:
"This program is solely for the one-time broadcast use of stations cleared
by DIR Broadcasting on the designated date and time scheduled by the
network. It must be returned to DIR network immediately after airing."
There is no mention, whatsoever, of the band or the tracks on these labels.
The matrix number on either side of the vinyl is TEMPLE 67 A/B.
500 - 1000 copies of this radio promo do exist.
(For pictures see on the right and scroll to down below ...)
- The second edition comes with plain yellow (orange) labels.
(See the picture down in the middle on the right-hand side...)
NOTE: From this issue on, all releases are attributed to Speed of Light Records.
- The third edition has b/w 'A' and 'B' labels (see pictures down below).
- All three editions come in a gatefold paper cover with b/w artwork.
- The re-issues of this bootleg were allegedly also released on Speed Of Light Records.
- Both re-issues come in a spined common hardpaper cover showing the original artwork.
- The labels are black with a Merciful Release logo. Both re-issues are limited to 100 copies.
- The second re-issue is accompanied by a booklet in German language.
The sticker on the front says: "Limited edition of 100 copies free with special booklet",
and gives the number of the indvidual copy. The numbering of these runs 01/100.
- The accompanying booklet shows a large "Approved" print with the logo of The Reptile House,
The Sisters of Mercy's Merchandise Service. (Find more pictures of this one down below...)
- The first re-issue has a similar sticker on the cover front, though without numbering.
- Also, there is no mention of a booklet with it.
- Tracks A1 - A3 are demos.
- Tracks A4 + A5 were recorded live at the Gala, Norwich in 1983.
- Tracks B1 - B6 were recorded live at Manchester University in 1984
- Everything from Knockin' On Heaven's Door until Louie Louie is the often-bootlegged medley from 1984.
The medley is essentially Knockin' to Purple Haze though, followed by a second or two's pause, then
starting an instrumental version of Stairway To Heaven and culminating in the Ghostrider medley with
a version of Louie Louie at the end.
For recent price developments see sistersbootlegs/Echoes Vol.2 ...
|Side A||Side B|
|A1 A Rock And A Hard Place||Demo 1984||B1 Knockin' On Heaven's Door||Live Manchester 1984|
|A2 Flood III||Demo 1986 - actually a demo of Flood I||B2 Hey Joe||Live Manchester 1984|
|A3 Afterhours||Demo 1984||B3 Purple Haze||Live Manchester 1984|
|A4 Jolene||Live Norwich 1983||B4 Stairway To Heaven||Live Manchester 1984|
|A5 Adrenochrome||Live Norwich 1983||B5 Ghostrider||Live Manchester 1984|
|B6 Louie Louie||Live Manchester 1984|
Please click for larger views...