From SistersWiki.org - The Sisters Of Mercy Fan Wiki
One of the early 12" vinyl bootlegs ...
- Label: Mercilessly
- Catalogue#: Gothic 001
- Format: 12" vinyl LP
- Released:1987 (France)
- Total running time: 42:28 min.
- Black vinyl with plain white labels.
- The front cover shows a blue and white reproduction of a painting by Hans Memling of Christ Surrounded by Musician Angels which represents the middle part of an altar triptych, created in 1480 for the Monastry Santa Maria la Real de Nájera, Spain.
- Carmina Burana is the designation of a medieval collection of poetry, an anthology of 245 lyrics and drama texts collected at Benediktbeuern Abbey, Bavaria in the 11th, 12th and 13th century. It is also the title of a scenic cantata by German composer Carl Orff, based on 24 poems from the above anthology. Its full Latin title is Carmina Burana: Cantiones profanæ cantoribus et choris cantandæ comitantibus instrumentis atque imaginibus magicis (engl.: Songs of Beuern: Secular songs for singers and choruses to be sung together with instruments and magic images).
Backcover Notes (not necessarily true)
- Produced by the MACHIAVELLI - crew for Merciless Enterprises Inc., Hongkong
- Only 700 copies available (incl. 200 copies in coloured vinyl)
- - The alleged 200 copies on coloured vinyl were, however, never released. -
- VALENTINE/ANACONDA/1969/ALICE - recorded live at London's Brixton Ace Club,
- March 17th, 1983. These tracks have been available on disc before but CARMINA BURANA
- is the first record to bring them to you in EXCELLENT sound quality.
- ADRENOCHROME - recorded live at York University, May 7th, 1981.
- This was in fact the group's second-ever public performance, following their first-ever gig
- at Leeds Warehouse a few weeks before and featuring a line-up slightly different from
- it's nowadays form: Craig Adams - bass; Andrew Eldritch - guitar/vocals; Ben Gunn - guitars;
- Gary Marx - guitars; Doctor Avalanche - drum machine.
- GARDEN OF DELIGHT - an early demo-version featuring Andrew Eldritch on vocals.
- FLOORSHOW - a completely alernate studio-version recorded in 1982.
- GHOSTRIDER / SISTER RAY - recorded as a Medley during a 1983 studio-session.
- GOOD THINGS - a very rare demo-version.
- - Not all of these backcover notes are true (see "Sources" below). -
- Teachers is not mentioned in the track list or the back cover notes at all.
- A1, A2, A4, B4 - recorded live at Brixton Academy, London, UK, 19th February 1983 in very good sound quality,
- - on the backcover, wrongly referred to Brixton Ace on March 17th, 1983.
- A3 and B1 - are taken from the Gary Marx Demo Tape, but the sound quality on the present record is quite inferior to the original.
- They have possibly been ripped from one of the according bootlegs, like the Floorshow EP for instance.
- Adrenochrome is definitively not from the concert at York University, May 7th, 1981 as noted on the back cover.
- B2 - recorded live at the Melkweg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands on 2nd of June 1984 in poor sound quality,
- although it seems to be a soundboard recording (there is no audience noise),
- it could just be a rip of the cassette bootleg Amsterdam Melkweg.
- B3 - Demo from the Portastudio recordings in 1982
|A3 Teachers / Adrenochrome||7:03|
|A5 Garden Of Delight||5:03|
|B2 Ghostrider / Sister Ray||10:30|
|B3 Good Things||3:20|