Royal Albert Hall, London, England
This is the legendary gig commonly known as Wake, a name given to it by Andrew Eldritch
no less than four months before it happened. Previously, Andrew had bruised his ribs and consequently,
he was unable to move much. Nevertheless the band gave an astonishing performance.
Originally advertised in the UK music press as Altamont - A Festival of Remembrance.
Support acts were:
- a screening of "Koyaanisqatsi"
see the hand-out on the right side and down below (back side)
- thanks for these pictures as well as for some of the tickets to HL member brunobossier.
- The concert was officially filmed.
The processed and cut result was later sold as an official release titled Wake.
- In addition, several Video Bootlegs are circulating like (for example)
- Live From The Royal Albert Hall - Floorshow and
- Wake - In Concert At The Royal Albert Hall.
- The latter are bootlegs one shouldn't mix up with the official video release.
- None of these releases - not even the official one - does, however,
include all the songs played during the gig.
- Several audio bootleg recordings of this show do exist as well like
- Blood Money, 12" vinyl
- The End, 2 x 7" vinyl
- Brimstone & Treacle, 7" vinyl
- The Brotherhood, 7" vinyl
- Holocaust, CD
- Knocking On Heaven's Door (Family Tree Box), CD
and many more, see Live Bootlegs - First And Last And Always era.
- Please click into pictures for larger views -