Tune In - Turn Off - Burn Out
Tune In ... Turn Off ... Burn Out ...
Due to technical limitations of Wiki-formatting, the original title could not be used for this bootleg.
A live bootleg from The Sisters of Mercy's 1985 Tune In - Turn On - Burn Out Tour .... Although, the band didn't know it at the time,
- Label: Lounging Records / Skeleton Songs Ltd
- Catalogue#: TUNE IN
- Format: 12" vinyl LP - Picture Disc
- Released: 1985 (Germany)
- The back cover notes a track list, the band line-up and various details about the release:
- Recorded Live In Leeds University 16/3/85.
- Produced And Published By
- Skeleton Songs Ltd.
- Keep the fire burning...
And in very small letters:
- Coverproduction Atlan Prod.
- Realisation Robert-Jo
- On the spine - like on the cover back - the article of the band's name is omitted:
- Sisters Of Mercy - Tune in... Turn off... Burn out...
This bootleg was released in basically four editions.
- The first edition is a black 12" vinyl LP coming in a black cardboard cover
- with a large Walk Away logo in a square and the bootleg title
- Tune In ... Turn Off ... Burn Out ... in red print on it.
- The vinyls come with September Songs labels. The colours of these labels vary, though.
- The first issues often have a pale blue label on Side One and a yellow label on Side Two.
- Some records do have pale blue September Songs labels on both sides, however, while
- copies that were pressed later on mostly come with yellow September Songs labels on
- both sides of the vinyl.
- There is one edition with plain white labels on black vinyl.
- Apart from the labels, there is no difference between this edition
- and the September Songs issue one.
- Likewise, there is white-label issue on red vinyl, allegedly
- a limited edition of 50 copies only, which are very hard to find.
- These too, come with the same cover art and track list as all the
- other aforementioned issues, for some detailled pictures see below.
- Both white-label editions tend to have notes written by former owners
- on their labels to mark the side or describe the record's content.
- Run-out grooves on all these above editions: TUNE IN/A, TUNE IN /B
- A picture disc issue does exist as well. (see the pictures on top of the page)
- The vinyl comes in a transparent plastic sleeve without any sort of print on it.
- On the A-Side, the front cover of the first edition is printed as a square on the
- otherwise white background: Side B pictures the cover back in the same way.
- According to the Reverberation Across The Nation Discography Booklet,
- this picture disc was a limited edition of 300 copies.
- Beyond these issues, a very obscure and unique Swingin' Pig Records pressing has surfaced.
- It is pressed on red vinyl and has genuine orange Swingin' Pig labels. The record comes in a white cardboard cover
- On the cover, the band name and the title of the bootleg are noted in handwriting with large marker-letters.
Possibly, this is the original first test pressing for all other issues. The Run-out grooves here are "Tune in" A/B and "Leder".
- Our thanks for the pictures of this vinyl go to Heartland Forum member Rise891.
- Originally recorded live at Leeds University, 16 March 1985
- This recording is far from complete.
- Train, Marian, No Time To Cry, Possession, Walk Away, Burn,
- Emma, Amphetamine Logic, A Rock And A Hard Place , Floorshow
- and Gimme Shelter are missing.
- On the other hand, this was one of the very few occasions that
- Nine While Nine was performed live and the track is included
- in the present album as well.
- The same content is also available on other 12" vinyl bootleg-LPs like
- Ghostriderz, the very rare Ghost Riders and Live At Leeds,
- Tune In ... Turn Off ... Burn Out ... was apparently released first,
- and a CD- version of it followed in 1991.
- In addition, various audience recordings from this concert
- are in circulation among the fanbase.
|Side One||Side Two|
|A1 First And Last And Always||B1 Nine While Nine|
|A2 Body And Soul||B2 Knockin' On Heaven's Door|
|A3 Alice||B3 Ghostrider|
|A4 Body Electric||B4 Louie Louie|
- Please click into files for larger views -