Saints And Martyrs
A studio bootleg with rare and early demos and mixes from unto to 1986.
This bootleg exists in basically two editions from two different labels, both of which were apparently released at the same time.
|● Label: Ghostrider Records||● Label: The Brotherhood|
|● Catalogue#: - none -||● Catalogue#: - none -|
|● Format: 12" vinyl LP||● Format: 12" vinyl LP|
|● Released: 1989||● Released: 1989|
All vinyls of both editions have the runous scratched out.
The Brotherhood Editon
Some acetate of this edtion is known to exist, without any further information available, though.
Beyond that, there are three different issues. The sleeve notes of these three issues are identical:
- Front sleeve note:
- Take My Hand And Lead Me To The Garden Of Delight
- Back sleeve notes:
- Produced by the Shaman For 33° Productions
- Realised by the Brotherhood
- A Merciless Release
- The first issue comes in a b/w cover consisting of a plain white die-cut sleeve with b/w DIN-A 4 copy
- sheets glued to it on both sides. The cover front shows a b/w print of a churchyard, while the cover
- back lists the details of the release. The vinyls are black with light pink labels.
- The second issue has the same layout as the first one, apart from the fact that the DIN-A 4 copy sheets
- glued to the white sleeve are dark pink instead of white. The vinyls are black with light pink labels.
- The third issue is almost identical to the second one, but comes with blue vinyl.
- This issue is the rarest of this edition. No picture of the blue vinyl could so far be traced.
- Possibly, those vinyls were initially delivered with the Ghostrider edition.
- This edition differs widely from The Brotherhood one, except for the similay antique font used on the cover.
- The edition is strictly limited to 225 copies with numbering on the back cover.
- The cover front is black and shows a large head and star logo in white print with the title of the
- bootleg written across it in the place where usually "Merciful Release" would appear.
- The cover back is white and shows a similar layout in the same antique font as the Brotherhood edition,
- giving details about the tracks, the sources and the release, as well as a Walk Away /Black October logo
- and the numbering Your number ---" printed in black.
- The vinyl is ultramarine blue and comes with red and white labels indicating a full size A/B, resp.
- A further limited edition of allegedly 15 copies only does exist. The covers are not numbered, though.
- The vinyls are grey and slightly marbled and come with plain light pink labels.
|Track||Source indicated as|
|A1 Red Skies Disappear||First & Last & Always with Marian lyrics|
|A2 Good Things||Demo|
|A3 Garden Of Delight||Vocals – Andrew Eldritch|
|A4 Marian||Instrumental Version|
|A5 Body Electric||Alternative Mix|
|B1 Dance On Glass||Demo|
|B2 Burn||Alternate Mix|
|B3 A Rock And A Hard Place||Alternate Mix|
|B4 Dominion / Mother Russia||Early Demo|
|B5 Where Spirits Fly||Spirits, Hamburg Soundcheck 5-84|
- Please click into files for larger views -