Halloween In Arkham
One of the earliest 12" vinyl Sisters bootlegs.
The version available here is, however, the one of the John Peel Session 1984, the first time the song was performed live.
For some thoughts about the evaluation and significance of this bootleg, please check the according discussion page.
- Label: Arche Noire Records
- Catalogue#: ANR 024
- Format: 12" vinyl LP
- Released: 1985
- Released in two editions
- The first edition is limited to 500 hand-numbered copies.
- The second edition is limited to 300 copies, but not numbered.
- Vinyls have plain white labels and 523-A and 523-B, respectively, etched into the run-outs.
- The cover of the first edition has a copper/gold-like coloured print, while the second edition
- comes with a pasted b/w copy instead.
- The picture on the front is a low resolution copy of the art work "Dreams in the Witch House"
- by Harry O. Morris Jr., a contemporary American artist. It is part of a serial of 15 grafics
- titled "Halloween in Arkham" created in 1979, which seems to be the origin of the name
- of the present album. The artwork itself got its title from a short story of the same name by
- H. P. Lovecraft, published first in 1933, whereas the city of Arkham is an integral part
- of Lovecraft's fictional universe.
- On the cover back No Time To Cry is marked as "UNRELEASED".
- Tracks A1 - B1 recorded live at Brixton Ace, London 19.2.1983
- The back cover wrongly notes: SIDE ONE - Brixton Ace, London 17.03.1983
- Tracks B2 - B5 recorded at the John Peel Session 11.7.1984
|A4 Body Electric|
|B1 Sister Ray|
|B2 Poison Door|
|B3 No Time To Cry|
|B4 Walk Away|
- Please click into files for larger views -