GOOD THINGS Plus 2 live songs
This is the second release of a bootleg series consisting of two singles
issued by the Portuguese bootleg label Pan-Vox Records.
As even the logo looks identical, this bootleg label can easily be confused with the legendary Greek label
of the same name. One major difference is in the catalogue#s. Those of the bootleg label always start
with "PV", while those of the Greek released often begin with "PAN".
The Portuguese Pan-Vox series features demos, livecuts and official songs of the 1980s.
- Label: Pan-Vox Records, Lisboa
- Format: 7" single
- Catalogue#: PV 1617
- Release Date: allegedly in 1987,
- although the artwork looks so similar to the 1983 single that 1983 seems more likely.
- Released in various editions of different cover colour.
- The first issue had white fold-out background covers, following releases were yellow and pink.
- The white backgrounds seems tend to turn beige with time. Or the beige is indeed a different issue.
- Many of the vinyls have a large centerhole, but not all of them,
- especially not if they are coming in a yellow cover.
- Basically, all the vinyls have white labels showing the (imitated) PAN-VOX logo
- and giving details on the tracks and the release printed in a light green-blue colour.
- However, a plain-white-label edition, which came in a yellow sleeve, has surfaced as well
- (see the pictures down below)
- The back cover notes: Produced by John Ashton
- It is very hard to believe that John Ashton would be the producer of this entire single.
- The reason why PAN-VOX credited him as the producer is most likely due to the fact
- that he recorded various demo versions of early songs with the band,
- and Good Things was one of them.
- Track 1 is a studio demo, most likely from the famous Portastudio Demos 1982
- Tracks 2 and 3 were recorded live at York University on 07.05.1981
|A1 Good Things||B1 1969|
|B2 Sister Ray|
- Please click into files for larger views -