Half Moon Over Amsterdam
From SistersWiki.org - The Sisters Of Mercy Fan Wiki
- Label: Condor Records
- Catalogue#: unknown
- Format: 12" Vinyl LP
- Released: not before 1988
- Released in different editions with either plain yellow, plain red, or plain green labels.
- The back of the cover names Wayne Hussey as a guitar player, though at the time of this gig
Ben Gunn was still in the band. Wayne Hussey didn´t join The Sisters of Mercy before 1984
and made his debut in April that year.
- Because of the picture on the cover front this bootleg has been banned from some marketplaces.
- The cover art shows part of a photograph shot by Joel-Peter Witkin,
titled.Gods of Earth & Heaven and released in Los Angeles in 1988.
- This photograph is obviously a daring interpretation of Sandro Botticelli's painting
The Birth of Venus reformulated in the typical, morbid style of Joel-Peter Witkin,
see the two pictures down below...
- For unknown reasons the bootleg cover shows the photograph in a mirror inverted view.
- Another Sisters bootleg with a photograph by Joel-Peter Witkin as cover art is Lord Of Darkness.
- The back of the cover states "Live 28.3.83 Paradiso, Amsterdam" as time and place of this concert.
In reality the gig took place on August, 28th, 1983.
- Plenty other bootlegs have been created from this soundboard recording. A list of them can be found here .
For recent price developments see sistersbootlegs/Half Moon Over Amsterdam... or popsike/half moon.
|A3 Emmaline aka Emma||6:54|
|A4 Temple Of Love||4:44|
|A5 Floor Show||5:02|
|A6 Sisters Of Mercy aka Adrenochrome||3:48|
|B1 Gimmie Shelter||6:12|
|B3 Louie Louie||5:14|
|B4 Sister Ray||12:20|
B4 - Sister Ray is actually a medley consisting of Sister Ray, Ghostrider and Louie Louie ...
- Please click into files for larger views - The origins of the cover art