Red Skies Disappear (7")
From SistersWiki.org - The Sisters Of Mercy Fan Wiki
A pretty 7" vinyl edition ... though apparently a lot of things went wrong ... ;-) ...
- Catalogue#: DG001
- Format: 7" vinyl single
- Released: ca. 1988
|Side A||- Red Skies Disappear||Side B||- Marian (instrumental)|
- Both tracks are demos.
- The recording of Red Skies Disappear is most likely from the Strawberry Studio Sessions 1984
- The Marian instrumental is one in a series of instrumentals of First And Last And Always album tracks which can be found as so-called "Karaoke" versions on the Wide Receiver bootleg CD
- Limited edition of originally 250-300 copies
- The quality of the pressing was rather poor and had the recording on the vinyls run too slow.
- A large number of records were destroyed only 50-120 copies are said to be left.
- Black vinyls with plain white labels
- Run-out etching on Side A only: DG001
- The record come in a thin paper cover with a b/w picture of Andrew Eldritch on the front;
- the latter was taken from an ELEKTRA Promo Card of 1988, although, the demo tracks used
- for this release were recorded much earlier, years before Patricia Morrison joined the band.
- Unfortunately, part of these covers did also lack quality production. Some of them were cut
- in the wrong place and glued on the cover front instead of the side.
- Please click into images for larger views -