Spiral Scratch 7" Interview Single
An 7" interview single that was given away for free
with Issue 1 (Sept/Oct 1988) of the then newly introduced
UK music collector's magazine Spiral Scratch.
- Label: Spiral Scratch
- Catalogue#: Scratch 1
- Format: 7" vinyl single
- Released: September 1988 (UK)
- Limited Edition of 10.000 copies
- The singles are hosted in a white die-cut sleeve.
- As with time in some households, those sleeves as well as the Spiral Scratch issues themselves disappeared over the decades, the singles are nowadays partly offered in a biography sleeve
like in the pictures down below.
- Mostly, the singles are pressed on black vinyl.
- A limited number of 200 are pressed on clear vinyl.
- The labels for both editions are the same showing
- on Side A a b/w picture of Andrew Eldritch in front of a microphone
- on Side B the Spiral Scratch logo and the details of this release.
- The according feature inside the magazine includes several
photos and a History of The Sisters of Mercy's live performances
from 1981 to 1985, partly listing also the songs performed during
Source / Credits
- An edited (incomplete) interview of Ann Clark with
Andrew Eldritch on 13 April 1984 for the student-managed W.N.Y.U. Radio New York around the time of the release of
Body And Soul.
- Total duration of the full interview: ca. 15 minutes
- Total duration of the parts featured on this single: ca. 6:30 minutes
- This interview is also featured on other interview bootlegs such as
- Black Hat Dark Glasses,
- Cross Talk Records - An Interview With Andrew Eldritch and the
- Conversation Disc Series Interview CD
- Whether one of these other bootlegs has the complete version of the interview, we do not know (as yet).
|A An Interview with Andrew Eldritch||3:15|
|B An Interview with Andrew Eldritch - Part II||3:05|
- Body And Soul - the next single
- Live shows - Danceteria, New York
- Fan feedback on records
- Records Distribution - New album & US Tour
- Please click into files for larger views -