Live In Hull Dingwall 1983 (acetates)
In 2016/7, a series of 7" and 10" acetates surfaced from Australia with recordings of the soundcheck at Dingwalls, Hull in 1983.
These are listed here. So far, four different 7" acetates and five different 10" acetates have surfaced.
A series of 12" vinly bootlegs in several editions including some according test pressings and test runs
and featuring the full concert have been produced as well, see A Fire In The Hull.
- All these issues are handnumbered limited editions of 6 copies each.
- The one-sided metal acetates have plain white labels and play at 45 rpm.
- The acetates are all housed in a printed fold-out sleeve with insert, all made of corrugated paper or cardboard.
- The cover design for all issues are identical apart from the background colourl
- The cover illustration is credited on the cover front to Mike Litherland
- The back cover notes: tune in, turn on, burn out ..."
- Recorded live from the mixing desk during the soundcheck at Dingwalls, Hull, England on 01 Juli 1983
- This was the final gig of the UK Spring Tour in 1983. For a recording from the actual show see A Fire In The Hull
For recent price developments see popsike/sisters of mercy acetates
This and the other Australian 7" bootleg acetates have only one track recorded on the a-side. The b-side is blank.
- A handnumbered limited edition of 6 metal acetates which run at 45 rpm
- The acetates come in a similar cover to the Gimme Shelter ones.
- The only difference is the background colour of the cover and insert. The background colour of this cover is beige.
|Anaconda||recorded live from the mixing desk during the soundcheck at Dingwalls, Hull, England on 1st July 1983||3:25|
There are three single-sided 7" acetates featuring excerpts of Gimme Shelter recorded from the mixing desk during the soundcheck at Dingwalls in Hull 1983.
- The first one comes in a red fold-out cover with black print and is accompanied by a b/w sticker with head-and-star logo.
- The other two (named TAKE 2 and TAKE 3) come in an identical blue fold-out cover with black print
- and vary visually only with regard to the insert, which mentions the respective take (2 or 3).
- Obviously, these acetates are pressed with either a small or a large centre hole.
- Track lists according to the inserts
- TAKE 1 Side A Gimme Shelter - unreleased soundcheck version 3:06
- TAKE 2 Side A Gimme Shelter - unreleased soundcheck version 3:34
- TAKE 3 Side A Gimme Shelter (Instrumental) - unreleased soundcheck version 1:55
Various 10" acetates featuring tracks recorded from the mixing desk
during the concert at Dingwalls, Hull on 1 July 1983 do exist as well.
- Label: - not mentioned -
- Format: one-sided or double-sided 10" metal acetates
- Released: from 2016 onward, allegedly.
- As a matter of fact the first of these 10" acetates surfaced late in 2017 at the earliest.
- Place of Release: Australia
- Limited edition of 6 handnumbered copies each
- The acetates come in a plain white cover and a white die-cut inner sleeve
- A sticker with a warped head-and-star logo is glued to the cover as well as to the sleeve
- giving the bandname, the track(s) and the track time(s), the place of recording,
- the format and the material of the content and the hand-numbering "Your copy is ..."
- Produced with one or two tracks as single-sided or double-sided acetates,
- these acetates rund at 45 rpm
Single-sided 10" Acetates
- single-sided 10" metal acetate
- Catalogue#: D1610
Kiss The Carpet
|● single-sided 10" metal acetate||A Kiss The Carpet||4:25|
|● Catalogue#: D2 - 110 or DL - 110|
- single-sided 10" metal acetate
- Catalogue#: - unknown -
Double-sided 10" Acetates
Adrenochrome - Floorshow
- double-sided 10" metal acetate ...
- Catalogue#: D16.65 (but questionable)
Alice - Anaconda
- double-sided 10" acetate ...
- Catalogue#: D16033