This Corrosion 12" (ELEKTRA promo)
A promotional item in 12" format for the This Corrosion release .
This promo record exists in at least two different pressings. For details see below.
- Label: Elektra
- Catalogue#: ED 5263
- Format: 12" vinyl single, 33 ⅓ rpm
- Produced: 1987 (US)
Common Production Notes
- Written by Andrew Eldritch
- Producer: Jim Steinman
- Manufactured by Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Apart from the fact, that different issues of this promo exist, it is remarkable
- that all these items are based on two different test pressings:
- - Side A was pressed explicitly for this purpose by Specialty Records, while
- - Side B was taken from the test pressing of the A-Side for the official 12" single.
- The labels and runouts of the different issues vary depending on the various pressings, see below.
|This page is Work in Progress and going to be extended as soon as ever possible|
|A This Corrosion (vocal edit version)||4:24|
|B This Corrosion (extended version)||8:35|
Specialty Records Releases
|● Pressed by Specialty Records Corporation in two versions||● Runouts (both versions):|
|- The first version comes a typical ELEKTRA die-cut sleeve||- Label Side A : ST-ED-5263-A-SP|
|and has fully printed and detailled ELEKTRA labels.||- Label Side B : ST-ED-66790-A-SP|
|- The second version comes in generic white cardboard sleeve.||- Runout (etched) Side A : ST-ED-5263A¹ - sf/alt|
|This one has also been seen sold in a standard 12" cover,||- Runout (etched) Side B : ST-ED-66790-A¹ - sf/alt|
|see the picture top of the page on the right side.|
|The labels are basically white without out any sort of logo||"White" label version only (as far as we know):|
|and give the necessary basic and copyright information only.||- machine-stamped Specialty Records-logo in the runouts of both sides|
"White" Label Version
Allied Records Release
- Pressed by Allied Records Company
- The vinyls come in a typical ELEKTRA die-cut sleeve.