The Garden Of Delight (LP)
A studio bootleg LP that of Australian manufacture released in various editions over this decade.
Like the more recent American issue Light And Shadow, which features nearly the same tracklist, it contains mainly demos from the First And Last And Always era.
- Label: Dark World Music
- Catalogue#: GOD 01
- Format: 12" vinyl LP
- Released: 2014 Australia
- Run-outs: GOD-01-A/B
- Good sound quality
- The artwork on the cover front consists mainly of a band photo taken in 1984 at Leed's cementery
- with the band name above and the bootleg title underneath.
- The cover design changes slightly from one edition to another, but keeps to this image as the main theme.
- Beside the album title, the back cover notes the band name, the catalogue# and the track list
- and gives some additonal information on the release as follows (plus an empty space for the numbering):
- STUDIO DEMOS AND OUTTAKES 1984
- ANDREW ELDRITCH-VOCALS
- WAYNE HUSSEY-GUITAR/VOCALS
- GARY MARX-GUITARS/VOCALS
- CRAIG ADAMS-BASS
- DOCTOR AVALANCHE-DRUMS
- DARK WORLD MUSIC
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
- The labels of all editions show a white head and star logo on black background
- with "SIDE A/B", respectively, printed in also white letters below it.
- The versions of the songs presented on this bootleg were mainly taken from the Strawberry Sessions in 1984.
- The content of this album is identical with the second record of the more recent 2LP bootleg Serpents Kiss
- from the same manufacturer.
- The latter is also the producer of many other Australian vinyl bootlegs of the new millennium such as
- Panic In Their Eyes, The Angels Of Sin, Ice To The Eskimo, Land Of The Kings, A Fire In The Hull,
- and of late in 2018 alone Demos And Outtakes 1981-1984, The Damage Done Original Demo Tape 1981,
- WEA In-House Mixes (Australian bootleg LP) as well as Reptiles In The Basement.
- A very much older 7" bootleg with a similar name but different origin does exist as well.
This LP was released in four editions.
More or less often, the different vinyl colours of each edition were sold together
as an "all colours" package at a slightly lower price.
- Issued in 2014
- Released in three different vinyl colours:
- orange with black spots, clear green (seen with black spots, too) and grey marbled.
- This edition was limited to 75 copies, 25 each colour.
- The vinyls are housed in a black generic cover with two stickers centrically glued to it on each side.
- The back cover sticker shows additionally to the common notes of all the releases a white field for the numbering:
- LIMITED EDITION _____ /75 COPIES
- Released in 2015
- Issued in four different vinyl colours:
- clear green with yellow and black smoke,
- orange with black spots, grey marbled and plain white.
- This time the album was limited to 100 copies, 25 each colour.
- It comes in a more sophisticated black and white picture sleeve,
- with same artwork fully printed on the whole of the 12" cover surface.
- The additional notes on the back cover state:
- LIMITED EDITION _____ /100 COPIES
- A CD of the same content was added to the first copies sold.
- Released in 2016
- Exists in four different vinyl colours:
- clear green, orange with black spots, grey marbled and plain white.
- The cover consists of a white generic sleeve coming with an insert.
- The insert combines the front and back coverart of the second edition, only here on white background.
- It comes with the same picture and has the track list and other information initially on the cover back
- printed over it. Only the semi-transparent head and star logo is slightly smaller.
- This edition comes without any numbering, and also without any numbering space.
- In many cases, the insert was glued to the cover front to make it appear more
- like some proper, "exceptional" new release, i.e. here with rare white cover art, etc.
- Published in 2017
- This edition was manufactured in six different vinyl colours:
- clear green, orange with black spots, grey marbled, opaque white and two new colors:
- purple marbled and gold brown (caramel) with black spots.
- The cover is nearly identical to the one of the second edition,
- but was printed with a blue filter.
- The edition is not numbered and has no numberin space printed on the cover back.
- The insert of the third edition is added to package.
After the fourth edition, the left-over vinyls of the "Garden Of Delight" bootleg found new use
as record two of the 2LP Serpents Kiss bootleg by the same manufacturer.
For recent price developments of all these editions see popsike/The Garden Of Delight.
- According to Discogs there are at least two different editions.
- The first one was released in 2013 and the second one in 2014.
- The CD is housed in a Digipak sleeve.
- All the labels of CD's are the same, even the ones that were added to the second vinyl edition.
|A1 First And Last And Always||(MARIAN LYRICS MARX VOCALS)|
|A2 A Rock And A Hard Place||(INSTRUMENTAL)|
|A3 Knockin' On Heaven's Door|
|A4 Marian||(VERSION 1 INSTRUMENTAL)|
|A5 Black Planet||(INSTRUMENTAL)|
|B1 Walk Away|
|B2 Garden Of Delight||(HUSSEY VOCALS)|
|B3 No Time To Cry|
|B4 Garden Of Delight||(ELDRITCH VOCALS)|
|B5 Serpent's Kiss||(INSTRUMENTAL)|
|B6 Dance On Glass|
- Please click into files for larger views -
Vinyl colours introduced from the beginning with the first edition
|Vinyl colours added to the second edition||Added vinyl colours of the fourth edition|