Ice To The Eskimos
From SistersWiki.org - The Sisters Of Mercy Fan Wiki
One of the surge of vinyl bootlegs from Australia that started arising in 2015.
|This page is Work in Progress and going to be extended as soon as ever possible|
- Label: A Very Merciful Release
- Catalogue#: MN-84
- Format: 12" vinyl LP
- Released: 2015 - 2018 (Australia)
- Runouts (etched): MN-84 A / MN-84 B
- Soundboard recording - excellent sound quality
- Initially released in three colours of vinyl - white, clear orange (yellow) and clear green -
- These were allegedly limited to 100 (at first, but then 150) copies each and were packed into brown-tinted picture sleeves.
- All the transparent colour vinyls came with more or less impacting black stains
- and had black head & star logo labels with otherwise only the side indicators "A" and/or "B" on them.
- A second issue followed but came with an insert. (2015)
- The vinyls were later on in the same year also sold as three-colour sets.
- 2016 saw another limited release of various marbled colour versions, all in the same brown-tinted sleeve as before,
- but with plain black labels. Each colour was (allegedly) produced in a very small quantity.
- - dark pink marbled, purple marbled, mauve marbled
- (basically all the same under different descriptions)
- - blue marbled, grey marbled, white marbled
- (likewise these look so similar that it seems more a matter of describing individual copies)
- - olive marbled
- In 2017, the first edition colours with head and star logo labels returned
- now coming with an insert (partly with a yellow "limited edition on coloured vinyl" sticker)
- and in a more green tinted picture sleeve.
- Meanwhile, the three-colour set prevailed just as much as all earlier editions.
- In 2018 a limited edition of unknown numbers of coloured vinyls with plain white labels appeared.
- The only vinyl colour of this issue we have seen so far is purple marbled. Stored in brown-tinted
- picture sleeve, no insert
- We guess it can savely be assumed that some combinations of vinyls and covers were put together more
- or less coincidentially and do not mark an edition on their own. In particular, because with time progressing
- ever more copies of this bootleg were sold not from Australia, but from the US, from the UK and from Greece ...
- which, btw, was the point when we just denied following any further "releases" of this (or any other "Australian")
- bootleg for a while. And it's still getting worse ...
- Recorded live at Paard van Troje, Den Haag, The Netherlands on 26th May 1984
For recent price develoments see popsike/Ice To The Eskimo
|Body And Soul|
- Please click into files for larger views -